OK, sales job officially sucks. BIG TIME. I HATE IT. IT'S NOT FOR ME. MY LEGS ARE ACHING NOW. MY FACE IS BURNT BY THE SUN.
Yesterday I saw an advertisement in Classfied which says " 25 project crew members needed. No experience needed. Earn up to $90 daily." Sounds attractive? Yes absolutely. And so I went for an interview with my friend at this ulu company at some ulu road in which the nearest MRT station is Paya Lebar. During the interview, the interviewer did say that the job requires us to be (quoted directly from interviewer)"at the frontline", "reaching out to the public" for sales of charity tickets. Upon hearing those words that I just quoted from the interviewer, it did turn me off quite a bit because to do well in sales, you need to be convincing and able to communicate properly with the people you approach, which I seriously have problems with. After the interview my friend and I were told to come for an orientation trial today. I wanted to skip the orientation session, but I told myself I should at least give it a shot and maybe, MAYBE I could gain some experience to see how doing sales job is like.
Ok, let me share some of the things that I learnt during the briefing session. In doing customer service, there are 3 important things to take note.
1. Do not lie/mislead the customers.
2. I forgot the second point. If I don't remember, it means it is not important.
3. Give every customer 100% positive attitude. (meaning: don't practise favouritism. don't treat some customers nicely and others badly.)
So after the briefing session, we were each guided by a leader who has some experience in sales to go out to the real world to practise what we have learnt. We were each given a charity booklet consisting of 15 ten dollars charity ticket. Guess how much I sold today? I stood in the sun for half a day and I didn't even sell half of the booklet!!!! I am very thankful towards the very kind hearted humans (yes those who rejected me harshly are inhumane) who bought the charity tickets from me. This would really define "hard earned money" because it is not easy to sell these tickets especially in times and weather like this. Another leader that I know of sold three booklet of tickets!!!! *RESPECT* I don't know how she achieves it but it just commands respect from me.
Ok I sound like a spoilt child complaining, complaining and complaining. I always complain about things that don't go my way. But I need to review this important milestone in my life: my first sales job experience! It turns out to be bad experience so it appears that I am complaining. haha ok now at least I know I am not suitable for sales job. So no matter how bad times are, I will not take sales as a job because it will just shorten my life for a few years.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home