Ooooo....Italy won the world cup. I am not the least enthralled because both teams in the finals are not the ones that I am supporting. Being a die hard fan of Brazil, I was utterly disappointed by their performance during the quarter finals match against France. Since then, I have been wishing France would lose. Wish granted. Thank you.
It makes me wonder why does France always have to resort to penalties to score a goal. Can't they score a goal righteously? They also had to depend on penalty to win against portugal. Former Brazilian soccer star Pele once said,"Penalty is a cowardly way of scoring goal." Well said. Well said.
Wow, Zidane demonstrated his iron head skill on an unlucky Italian chap's chest. Never knew that Zidane was such a hot headed person. What a sad end to his career. If he hadn't been sent off, he could have easily scored the penalty during the penalty time, and things would have changed. Lady luck is just not on France's side. The french guy who missed the penalty is one suay person.
Well, saying goodbye to world cup is the hardest thing to do. I still can't part with world cup!!! However, the ending of world cup season may not necessarily be a bad thing. My life has been disrupted ever since the world cup first kicked off. For this period of time, whenever I got hold of the straits times, the first thing I turn to is the sports section. Then I would study all the world cup reports carefully for at least half an hour. I would also look out for reports on Fernando Torres as well as kaka so that I can cut them out in the future. I am also the type of person who needs a minimum of 8 hours sleep a day, or else I will be a walking zombie the next day. I have endured only 5 hours of sleep ever since school started and with all the matches shown at the wee hours of morning. So from today onwards, I am able to get my sleep again!!!
And guess who won wimbledon?? Roger Federer!!! AGAIN!!! He won it for the 4th consecutive time!!!!! Can't someone stop this man from winning the wimbledon once? Amelie Mauresmo won the women's singles. I was expecting Justine Henin Hardenne to win. Anyway, whoever wins wins. US open starting in late August. Though I would not be following the match closely due to probably project work commitments, I sincerely hope that Andy Roddick will win something. Please win something!!!! At least get into the semi finals!!!!!!
World cup and wimbledon fever subsiding soon.......

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home