I went to town a.k.a very crowded place today. I met up with some of my sec 4 classmates for a class lunch at pepper lunch. Actually I didn't agree on going at first because I don't think anyone would be going, but then Cindy, Jiale and I were on the MSN chatting this morning, saying there isn't anything to do this saturday and then Cindy just came up with this suggestion of going to the class lunch and then go to vivo city after that. The three of us just agreed on this very last minute decision and met up with our classmates. We were supposed to meet at 1pm, but I got out from home at 12.35pm and I was late for a whole 40 minutes (another record!) But orchard MRT station is really quite far for me. I had to take LRT, and then change to MRT, reach Jurong, change to the opp side, then reach Raffles, change to the other side again. All these changing and waiting for the train takes time you know. Haha...anyway, the attendance was not too bad. 14 people turned up and people I thought wouldn't turn up actually turn up.
After lunch, Cindy, Jiale and I left the group to go to Vivo a.k.a an extremely crowded place to meet up with Li Min, who is working as a sales person in Action City in Vivo City. We walked around, spent quite some time at starbucks drinking, chatting and crapping before leaving for Jurong Entertainment for dinner.
I always hate, resist and sometimes fear going to town and central areas during the weekends because these are the places that are always packed with people. These places are always so crowded, that you often have to queue up to get on the escalator at MRT stations (if you haven't noticed that), and it is always either you are blocking people's way, or people are blocking your way when walking on the streets. Sometimes, I feel suffocated in crowded places because so many people are breathing the limited amount of air and because of my height, I am always buried in the sea of people. When I am walking on the street, I have this fear that if I just stop halfway on the busy road to tie my shoelace or something, I might get trample to death by the people walking behind me. There was a time when I slowed down my walking pace to search for something in my bag and the person walking behind me stepped on the back of my shoe without apologising, causing my shoe to come off and I had to carry my shoe to an obscure corner to wear it back because I was afraid that if I bend down to wear my shoes, the people would just walk over me and crush me to death, like how Godzilla did. And now, whenever I feel someone walking very close behind me, I would quickly fasten my pace to avoid similar incidents from happening.
I fear going to crowded places because I always think that there would be a high possibility of stampede occurring in case of anything happen. Can you imagine being squashed to death under the feet of thousands of people? I can and I am picturing in my mind now.
Accidents always happen at crowded places, like cases of injury, lost children crying and looking for their parents...... today, we were at Mini toons at vivo when a person knocked me at my elbow and she didn't even turn to look, let alone apologise. In my mind, I was already scolding one whole string of vulgarities. Would it kill to say sorry?
Another reason why I hate going to town because people are always so well dressed. The girls would wear make up and doll up themselves and this makes me feel inferior and under-dressed. I always have this mindset that good looking people with good fashion sense always frequent the towns, and I don't belong to that group, that is why I always try to avoid that place.
3rd reason being the things in town are darn expensive! One piece of cake sold at cafes, that can only fill up 1/4 of the stomach, costs $5, whereas the same amount of money can buy 2 packets of chicken rice at my house's hawker centre and can still get back a $0.50 change back to buy a McDonald's ice cream for a dessert. That is the difference between things sold in town and in neighbourhood. For me, town= place where the rich and good looking can enjoy and have fun.
I don't understand why class outings must often been held in town. Does it really matter? Isn't class outing supposed to be a time where old classmates can catch up with one another, chat about the current and reminisce about the good old times. I think a simple place like food court at a nearby shopping centre or even an empty open space where everyone can chat, laugh, crap is good enough. Not like a class outing at some kind of expensive restaurants in town and then engage talking only among their cliques. All this defeats the purpose of class outing and it makes people wonder why they even bother going to class outings.
I hate to say this but I don't care I am going to say it anyway: I really can't stand already-perfect girls who are overly concerned and obsessed with their weights. IF YOU THINK THAT EATING MAKES YOU FAT, THEN DON'T EAT! It is totally fine with me for being health conscious and care about how much calories does the food contain and blah blah blah blah blah, but eating won't make you a big fatso!!!! Hello woman! Eating is supposed to be a pleasure!!!! Eating is supposed to help you get nutritions that your body need!!!!!!! For your information, there are so many people out there dying of starvation and malnutrition! The key thing is to exercise! EXERCISE! TO BURN OFF THE CALORIES YOU CONSUMED TODAY! URghhhhhhhh
In the papers today, another model just starved herself to death, not because she don't have enough to eat, she chose not to eat enough. What she only ate were apples and tomatoes and as if that wasn't bad enough, she vomitted all that out after eating. I feel enraged and sad by this tragedy. Models are often pressurised to stay ultra slim to look good in clothes, and to survive in this internationally competitive modelling world, the model just had to resort to this method to stay thin, and in the end she paid her own life with it. And this is the second case in just 3 months. The previous one who died was an Uruguayan model, who just collapsed on the runway on a fashion show due to heart attack.
I think we are living in such a superficial world, where everyone is fighting to look good just because everything is judged on looks. It is important to care about looking presentable in front of people, but some people are using too extreme ways to make themselves look good.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home