Woohoo!!!! My 100th post!!!
Just now, I called in the radio station to request a song. I don't know where I got the courage from, I just dialled the radio station number and surprisingly, I GOT THROUGH!!!!! My heart was pounding really fast when I heard the phone-got-through sound instead of the usual phone-engaged sound. So lucky!!!!! First time got through!!!! I dedicated a very nice song 'Waiting on the world to change' by John Mayer to my class 2306 to wish them good luck for PW oral presentation tomorrow. Then the DJ asked what is PW. I told him it stands for project work and it is an A-level examinable subject. He didn't really get what I meant and I explained further, saying that we have been working on a project idea for the past 11 months and have to give an oral presentation at the end. He didn't sound very interested. Clearly, the DJ has been out of school for quite some time and hasn't been catching up on the forever-changing education syllabus. Well, that can't be blamed. If I were him, I also wouldn't care about the MOE syllabus if I have graduated.
I think that the DJ must have thought that I am a freak for wishing my classmates good luck for ORAL PRESENTATION exams. Normal people would wish best of luck to their friends for written exams, NOT ORAL PRESENTATION exams. I stayed up all the way up to 11pm and he didn't put my song request on air!!!!!!! Such a disappointment. I was hoping to listen how I sounded on air. I think he only picks those who have sweet voice to be put on air, not mine that sounds gruffy like a man.
I swear not to do foolish things like wasting my money to request a song which I can download LEGALLY on the net, and then rot by the side of the radio waiting for almost one and a half hours for my song request to be read, but in the end it didn't even appear on air. Why is it that my song requests are always never being read out??? Darn.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home