You evil woman

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

My parents went shopping today! This is the first time they had gone out together after my father has returned home from overseas. And guess what? They went to have lunch at Sakae Sushi! I haven't touched a sushi from there! And they brought sushi back home. Not sushi from Sakae sushi, but sushi from Edo Sushi, the sushi stall at NTUC fairprice. -_-
Today we had a cosmopolitan dinner. On the dinner table, we had the Japanese sushi, the korean kimchi and chinese food which my mother cooked. Today is the first time I ate korean kimchi!!!!! In those korean dramas, the actors and actresses always drool over the kimchi. It tasted okay to me. Maybe it was my first time trying. To me, it was quite spicy and sour and I just stopped taking after that one serving. It just doesn't suit my taste buds.
PW OP rehearsals have been really intensive nowadays. My life is now totally dominated by OP rehearsals. Wherever I go, I just see people talking to the wall or to themselves to practise OP. I also grab any chance to practise when there is no one around. I practise when I am bathing, when I am waiting for the lift, when I am in the lift, when I am coming out of the lift...Been through 3 rehearsals already, 1 for the external workshop and 2 for the class. Miss Tay once commented that my face went redder when I was presenting up there. But there was nothing I could do!!!! It is a sign of nervousness when my face goes red and in order for my face to go back to normal human colour, I have to calm down. BUT THIS IS OP AND CONSTITUTES 40% OF PW!!!! It is such a huge percentage!!! How can I not be nervous??? Presenting in front of the class is never my forte. I think I screwed up my PI and EOM quite a bit, so I need to work on my OP.
Today is also the day when I got back my results slip. My results are really sucky. REAL SUCKY. TOTALLY SUCKS. On the way home, Wei Ling and I were thinking of ways to get my mother's signature on the results slip without much nagging from her. These are the ways she had used before and shared with me:

1. Request to blindfold my mother before she signs on the results slip.
2. Wake her up early in the morning without turning the bedroom lights on and ask her to sign on it.
3. Pass her the result slip and give the excuse that I am very tired and go to bed immediately. (The key thing is "IMMEDIATELY". Never wake up if she asks you to wake up)
4. Just before I am about to go to school, pass her the result slip and ask her to sign it quickly because I have to rush for school.
5. Tell her that the reason why I did badly is because I am stupid and this has been a genetic problem.
(However, I reckon that it would be REALLY risky if I tell her that and she would end up shredding my results slip into pieces.)

But my mother has been very nice. The moment I stepped into the house, I gave her a very sad and apologetic face that I got my results slip back today and my results were really horrible. She didn't nag one bit and said that it was ok and asked me to work harder next year. As long as I can get promoted, she is satisfied already. oh man! I was so touched at that moment! I am so lucky to be blessed with such an understanding mother. To think that I almost used one of the above tactics provided by Wei Ling to fool my mother into signing the results slip. I am such a bad daughter. Bad daughter. I shall work hard for my mother's sake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home