You evil woman

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Too many distractions!

If you didn't already know, I got a bad haircut recently and so I have been avoiding the public by not stepping out of my house. Thus instead of going to the library, I have been trying to mug hard at home, which unfortunately is filled with countless distractions.

Today morning after eating breakfast, I saw christmas catalogues from NTUC Fairprice and Jurong Point lying on the table. Instead of going straight to my room to study, I thought to myself, 'I shall just take a couple of minutes to browse through the catalogues.' So, I grabbed the catalogues, sat comfortably on the couch and flipped through the pages. In the NTUC catalogue, there was a 'Deli Delight' section which featured all the Christmas food such as traditional roast turkey, ham, fruit cake etc. While reading through, I started fantasizing the list of food that I would order from the catalogue if I had a Christmas party.

1. Traditional Roast Turkey, $38.90. (I think this is a must-have for christmas dinner!)
2. Honey Glazed Pork Ribs, $24.50
3. International Sausage Platter consisting of American Cheddar Jalapeno Sausages, Arabiki Pork Cocktails, Cumberland Pork Cocktails and Spanish Chorizo Sausages, $35.90
4. Sakae Sushi Set (45 pcs), $52.40

I even totalled up the sum and then made the conclusion that I don't have the capability to host a christmas party this year.

As I flipped through, more food such as chocolates, cookies, snacks were being introduced. At that moment, I felt the urge to skip through the exams and just delve straight into the christmas celebrations! I guessed I was too engrossed in the catalogues and my Christmas fantasy that without my realisation, half an hour passed just like that.

Then after studying for about an hour or so, I got up from my seat and headed to the kitchen for a drink. But after drinking, instead of heading back to the study room, I headed for my bedroom and lay down on the bed. Even though I had just woken up, my eyes felt tired. So I thought to myself again, 'Rest for 10 minutes.' But by the time I woke up, I had the shock of my life. It was one and a half hour later!!! I seriously wanted to bang my head on the wall. But from then, I managed to sit still and concentrate on studying for a period of time. After studying for some time, I went to watch TV for a while. I tuned into MTV channel and saw a music programme called 'Black Eyed Peas Official Top 20', which is actually a countdown of Black Eyed Peas's top 20 hits according to official sales figure. Although I knew that I should not do that, I sat through the programme from No 12 of the countdown all the way to No 1. (By the way, their no 1 hit is 'Where is the love'!)

After watching, I went back to my room again and studied. After a while, I came out of the room to watch TV AGAIN. Channel 5 was showing the swimming events of the 16th Asian Games! The swimming events have always been my favourite to watch in these kind of sporting games, so I couldn't resist the temptation! And I am soooooo glad that I didn't miss watching it because I saw Park Tae Hwan competing in one of the events!!! He was my favourite swimmer during the 2008 Beijing Olympics Games, but since then, I haven't seen him on TV. And so I was pleasantly surprised to see him appear on TV today because I didn't expect to! Anyway, he was competing in the 200m freestyle event, whereby he is the holder of the Asian record. He was the hot favourite to win the event and of course he didn't disappoint. He came in first with quite a distance away from the 2nd place winner, which I think is from Japan or China. Haha forgot.

Here's a picture of him when he won:


Then when he walked out during the award ceremony, I was like 'OMG, red hair!' I didn't know that under that swimming cap, he was hiding such a BOOMZ hair colour.


I must say that the swimming events are really exciting to watch! I was so hooked onto the swimming events that 'I need to mug for exams' didn't cross my mind. China just owned the swimming competition lah! According to the commentator, they won gold for 4 out of 6 events yesterday, and today they won 5 out of the 6 events! I think China's national anthem must have been played so many times during the award ceremony that foreigners would have been very familiar with the tune. haha. There were a few events that the Japanese were the hot favourites to win, especially in breaststroke events, but then the Chinese beat them to it! Haha this makes the swimming events so much more interesting to watch!

Ok I expect major distractions from this 16th Asian Games throughout the study week as I will be glued to the tv for Park Tae Hwan's performances in the swimming events. The plan now is to mug hard in the day, and so I can then reward myself to watch the swimming events shown at 6pm! Other than TV distraction, there is always the facebook and net-surfing distraction. In addition, harry potter movie is coming out this week, and being a potter maniac, I am also on the constant lookout for newspaper reports about the movie!

Rahh! So many good things happening, but my conscience forbids me to enjoy them thoroughly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home