You evil woman

Monday, June 19, 2006

3rd post of the day! Rest assured this post has nothing got to do with kaka or world cup. I will try not to talk about kaka.
Went shopping at Lot 1 with my mother today. Seeing the dilapidated state of my sports shoes, my mother decided to buy me a new pair. Surprise, surprise! She stopped at World of Sports and walked in! I thought she would take me to Bata to buy the shoes. We had a hard time choosing the shoes. I had taken a liking for adidas brand of shoes since K***, David Beckham and Frank Lampard are the football celebrities that endorse adidas. I took one from the bottom shelf and it costs $99.25! I was in a state of shock for one moment then immediately put back the shoes carefully. Then I reached another one from the top shelf and took a good look at the price. $149.25!!!!!!!!!!! I was thinking if the shoes are arranged according to their price, the cheapest on the lowest shelf and the most expensive on the top. Anyway, we finally settled on a nike pair that costs $89.25, the cheapest of all nike shoes that I can find. It has a silver backing and the tick is in light blue. I LOVE blue.
I also bought a wrist band from the same store. A brazil wrist band!!!! The wrist band actually has 2 bands connected together, and you guessed it, one is green and one is yellow. The words on the yellow band are "Football 2006" and the word on the green band is " Brasil". So cool man. I was torn between the England and the Brazil one. The england band is a combination of red and white and I was thinking maybe I can wear it during this world cup period and then recycle it during the national day and people may view me as a patriotic Singaporean. Haha. What was left on the shelf was one Brazil and two England wrist bands. I just grabbed that one last Brazil one and paid for it.
And then I saw Geraldine from Campus Superstar at a store that sells all sorts of Bilabong stuff. Dom't know the name of that store. She seemed to be trying out some clothes as she was at the fitting room area.
I got hold of 3 movie cards today! I am sooo lucky! They are Scary Movie 4, Just my luck and Cars movie cards. Muahaha. Lucky me.
Today I also went for the CIP library training. The presenter asked us some thought-provoking questions. Why won't superglue stick to the tube? And he shot me one question: Why are Courts (the furniture store) called courts? I was totally stumped by that one. He also told us the pros and cons of the internet and some internet frauds such as the Bonsai kitten (this is the case where a pet online store specialise in putting live kittens into bottles to preserve them. The pictures are gross. But it turned out to be a prank by two nothing-better-to-do university students) and the DBS phishing. learnt something useful today.
On the whole, this is another day spent without studying. DIE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home