Muahaha. After what seemed an eternity, I finally got back all my results, errrr, except GP. Only 15% of the whole JC1 cohort passed Econs, and no surprise, I am one of the 85% who didn't make it. Haha. I was not the least shocked because I didn't write most of the points that the teacher mentioned when she went through the paper. Although it was kind of expected for me to fail, it was quite depressing when I got back the paper. I thought I could do better in essay, but I didn't. My case study was a total gone case. So the crap marks for both sections add up to a crap grade for my econs. Definitely need to buck up for my Econs!!!!!
I am glad and at the same time relieved to pass my Chem, which I was previously graded "U" for the May common test. Mr Ng wrote a 'good try!' beside the marks (referring to the mid year marks, not the "U" graded marks) That lifted my spirits for that day. But then he also added, "Should be able to do better." I am really lousy for the gases topic, which I screwed up and got a big fat zero out of the 8 marks. I also made some careless mistakes on the MCQ and I got marks deducted for not writing the state symbols for the chem energetics equation. It is quite infuriating to realise the stupid mistakes that I made after I got back my paper. Chem paper corrections yet to be done....
Miracle of all miracles, I passed my GSC!!! My marks for GSC was the same as Chem. I thought I would fail GSC because I thought that the points for my essay were quite irrelevant.
As for Maths, I only managed an "E", which fortunately is considered an "A" level pass. I am very lax in maths tutorials and lectures, mainly because my maths tutorial teacher don't chase us for tutorials, resulting in my slackness in maths. I have yet to complete tutorial 7 and the latest tutorial is tutorial 11. The maths tutorials just keep coming in and yet I just didn't bother to touch them.....lazy me.
My results for this CT are quite crappy. But due to the fact I dedicated my holidays to watching the world cup matches and not spending time wisely on revision, I am quite lucky that I could pass 3 subjects. There is a huge room of improvement for me.
Some things need to be done!!!!! From now on, I NEED to be consistent in doing tutorials (which I still not have been doing), follow up lectures, spend weekends wisely (which I always use it to for massive TV marathon or catch a movie) as well as blog less. I think at the rate I am going, I won't be lucky to scrape through the promos. I could actually feel the pressure building up on me now. sigh sigh sigh..................................
I am quite disheartened that our 23/06 blog is being underutilised. So is the 06s19 blog. Despite revamping both blogs and trying to give them a fresh look, no one still seems to be using it!!!! I have always been excited about class blogs because I think that is the platform where the class can view out our opinions without seeing each other face to face. It can also be considered a form of bonding because I will particulary feel close knitted to the class with the existence of class blog. (maybe not you). But clearly not everyone is enthusiastic about class blog. Then I start questioning myself the purpose of setting class blogs when no one visits the blog. It's just an empty shell. There is no life, no energy in it!!!!!! I have visited some class blogs from nan hua as well as aj and is green with envy that people in the class make an effort to post and keep the blog alive and kicking. Daily or at least weekly updates on homework, class outings are being put up on the blog. Why can't my nj and aj class blogs be like that????? Arrgghhhhh. You may disagree with me that not everyone else is as free as me, with so much spare time to blog and should channel the time usefully to studies. But would it kill to at least tag on the tagboard??????? WOULD IT?????
Please ignore this post. Please don't put it to heart if you disagree with me in one way or another. I am purely venting my anger and disappointment out. Sorry I started writing in a light hearted mood but I don't know why that as I continue writing, the anger just starts building up in me. I FEEL LIKE EXPLODING NOW!!!!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home