You evil woman

Friday, October 24, 2008

Secondary school holidays start today!!!!! That is unbelievably early!!! Ok lah that is because O levels are pushed forward this year. But they got more than 2 months' worth of holiday!!! I am so full of admiration and envy right now.

2 months' worth of holiday!!!! 2 months for undergraduates is like almost a semester, and these secondary school students can squander the two months by loafing at home doing nothing!!!! If I have 2 months' worth of holiday, I would definitely spend it by:

1. Watching the whole of season 3 of ghost whisperer. It is currently showing on channel 5 and I haven't watched a single episode from season 3!!!! This is partly because it clashes with my mother's tv schedule as she too also wants to watch 10pm hong kong show on channel U. I, being a filial daughter as usual, would of course give in to her. I also want to watch season 3 of ugly betty and heroes online!

2. I want to learn how to cook, wash and iron clothes. I find that doing all these what seemed to be trivial household chores, are actually very important, especially when the person who is always doing this happens to be away for a vacation.

When my mother went to Korea with my aunt for a week, the functioning of my family is totally paralysed. Our clothes piled up and the clothes that we wore are wrinkled. We tried to wash the clothes in the washing machine by just dumping everything in it, but they come out not as fragrant as the ones that my mother washes. There is also a proper method of ironing the clothes and we tried to recall visually how my mother does it, but we could barely recall because we hardly observe her when she irons the clothes, and so we just anyhow whack. And every lunch/dinner=economic rice/chicken rice because my brothers are lazy to buy other food. Imagine eating that same thing for one week! This makes me determine to learn cooking. ok I shall wait for this coming vacation.

3. I shall exercise!!! I haven't played badminton for quite sometime! I always complained when I had the chance to play badminton every week for recreation, but now when I don't play, I complained that I didn't have the chance to play. SIGH. "When you have it, you don't think about it. But when you don't have it, all you do is think about it.". This is a quote which I found to be very true.

4. I want to go around exploring Singapore on foot!!!! That would be so fun!!! Little india and Arab street are places that I have explored before for my southeast asia project, and little do I know that they are actually many things to see there!!! The shophouses at arab street are so pretty. It would be so cool living at those shophouses.

5. Last but not least, I want to catch up with my friends!!! Every one now is busy in their own ways, writing lab reports, doing brain wrecking tutorial or projects (that apply to me). I am glad that some of my JC friends have time to meet for lunch on wednesdays, but some have lessons during the time. And my secondary school friends!!! I don't even get to see my secondary school friends who are in NUS but different faculties, and not to mention those in NTU or SIM. haha really miss them loads!!! We must find a time to have a gathering!!!!

HAIX, but I don't have a 2 months' holiday to do all those mentioned before. Maybe I will prioritise and do the important ones first.

Ok anyway, I want to commend on the latest song by Jay Chou, which is called 稻香 (fragrance of the padi?). The lyrics of this song is so positive and motivating that this is the song one must listen to if he or she is feeling depressed. Haha nowadays when I am feel down or unmotivated, I would listen to this song, which is in both my phone and ipod and I even intend to make it my ringtone and message tone. Hahaha. Watching the music video for this song also almost made me cry. It is about a middle aged man, who got scolded and later fired by his boss, began to look down and give up on himself. So he was always lying in bed, not doing anything and to the extent that his wife left him with their children. Since that point of time, he began to change and decide that only he can help himself. And so he started to buck up, and then finally his wife and children return to him. I like both the song and music video because it portrays something so encouraging which is needed in these time of recession and whatever negative news that are hogging the headlines of the newspapers.

YEA! Let's work hard together!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home