You evil woman

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Wow it has been almost 2 months since I last blogged! Haha I HAVE to blog about this week. This week has been an eventful one for me because I attended 2 chalets and had experienced night cycling! I reckon that this would be quite a long post so bear with me!

The first chalet that I went to was post psychology camp chalet. When I first arrived at 6 something in the evening (the meeting time was 5pm), I expected to see the whole chalet to be bustled with people and activity as I was already late for an hour, but instead I was greeted by only a handful of people sitting around a table playing "big 2". Being a pessimistic person, the first thought that crossed my mind was "HUH? Don't tell me these are the only people that come?" But luckily shortly after, a whole group of people arrived with our dinners, including chingy!

After dinner, we played a series of games. The first game we played was Taboo. I am darn lousy in that game! It's either I don't know the word, or I accidentally blurted out the tabooed word.
If we passed the word or said any tabooed words out, one point is deducted. I think I caused a lot of points-deducting for my group. Haha. The real taboo expert is Kang Ya, my clan chief. Her record is 7 or 8 cards in a minute, which is quite a feat considering that one minute passes super quickly. However the record breaker on the other end goes to Edmund! Haha instead of scoring points he deducted 3 points for our group in a turn! But he improved later on. Our group is already losing and Chingy and Pulse still helped the other group! In the end, our group lost to the other group but luckily there wasn't any forfeit. haha

Later on in the night, Chingy and I played Uno Stacko with the other 2 seniors. We played a total of 3 games and I caused the thing to collapse twice . haha. There are 2 sides of the dice that we dread a lot, which are "reverse" and "draw two". Imagine after one has painstakingly drawn out one block from the stack and the person next rolls a "reverse". I would definitely feel like killing the person next to me. haha. But the worse roll is "draw two". If a person rolls a "draw two", the person next to him/her has to draw 2 blocks from the stack. And after drawing the 2 blocks, it is still considered the person's turn, so the person has to draw again. It is like drawing 3 blocks. Chingy sat beside me throughout the game and I rolled a lot of "draw twos" for her. haha.

Then after that, we played the game of life. It is rather an interesting game as we get to pass through the different stages of life like graduating from college, getting married, having a baby and then retire as we move along the board. My career was a salesperson earning $60,000. There were a lot of jokes made as we moved along the board. There was a person who was really fertile and had her car filled with 4 children. hahaha. In the end, I emerged as the winner with 1.7 million worth of assets! How I wish that would become an reality man!

As I was really exhausted, I just zonked out at around 3am. I am quite certain that I was one of the earliest who slept. I woke around 8am in the next morning, but was still yawning my head off compared to those who didn't sleep a wink the night before. Chingy and I ate coco crunch with milo in the morning, watched a vcd called "rat race" which I struggled to understand because I didn't catch the first part and there weren't subtitles. After that, we went cycling for around 3 hours, including which we cycled to downtown east to have our lunch. After that, I played uno stacko and a game of life again with some people. Then it was around 6.30om when I made my way to my secondary school chalet.

I seriously didn't think that my psych camp chalet would be so near my sec school chalet. When I called Li Min, I told her I would reach 1 hour later, as I was walking at a snail pace with my heavy bag. It was in fact only around a 10 minutes walk! When I reached, I expected to see only a few people arrived (as influenced by my psych camp) but it was the opposite of my psych camp! Haha there were already people bbq-ing and people inside the room playing bridge! It was maybe due to the small size of the room compared to my psych camp chalet that made it seemed like there were a lot of people.

Cindy introduced me to her CIP friends. There were a total of 5 of them and if i remember their names correctly they are Jin Han, who is a teacher, Jason, Jia Hong, Rong Hui and Jie Hao. I also met Qin Chen or Charlie, my secondary sch friend whom I haven't seen for quite some time after he left for Canada after O levels. I also met Pei Shan, my primary school friend!!! She happened to be Li Min's colleague and Li Min invited her to our chalet to reunite Pei Shan and me. hahaha THANK YOU LI MIN. It was quite awkward at first when I saw Pei Shan. Other than Hello, I couldn't say anything else when actually there were a lot of things that we can talk about . She did change a bit but I could still recognise her. Haha after a while I managed to open up and our conversation went on quite smoothly.

Shortly after, Ah ping, Mei Chen and Marlene arrived! Even though the number of people in my sec school chalet is a lot fewer than the number of people in my psych camp, I feel that it is more cosy and noisy. Haha I think the size of the room plays a part! The CIP friends that Cindy brought along with her are quite nice and even though it is the first time we are meeting, everyone can clique well! Qiu Yan and Cindy's CIP friends are capable of freezing the air with their lameness and crappy jokes man! haha.

Later in the night, we headed off for the highlight of the whole chalet: night cycling trip! The expected distance that we would travel is about 47km. When I first heard that we would be cycling for 47km, in my mind I instantly come up with excuses to escape this night cycling trip. haha. Maybe I would make myself drunk to avoid that. Or maybe I would cycle at the back of the group and then cycle back secretly to the chalet to sleep when on one is noticing. haha. But cindy gave me the threatening look and I knew I had no choice but to go. But seriously for a person who even have problems getting up and starting the bicycle, I didn't think I can make it for 47km.

So we started off with our night cycling trip. I was ok with riding on straight, wide paths but when it comes to narrow paths, crossing the traffic lights or riding along the side of the road with cars zooming past us, I get really nervous and shaky and would lose momentum. I have lost count how many times I have stopped for that short stretch of road and I think I have dragged the whole team down. We took a rest after we have cycled a long stretch of road. But then when I was told there was 40 more km, I almost fainted on the ground. Then I swopped places with Claire, who was cycling double bike with Marlene. Cycling on a double bike is much more easier for me because at least there was someone to talk to and I was more stable. When I cycle alone, I would focus on cycling rather than relax and talk to the person next to me. haha

We cycled and cycled and cycled. We stopped by a jetty and for a while, took some group photos and then continued cycling. By the time we reached east coast park, it was already almost 5am in the morning. We were dead beat by then and I couldn't even feel my butt. Some of us chose to sit on the ground while some headed to Macs for breakfast.

The thought of cycling back is rather depressing. haha. But I think the trip back is much more faster than the route we take to go East Coast Park. There were some hiccups along the way as we weren't familiar with route back and there were times we took the wrong route and had to U-turn back. By the time we cycled back, it was already 8am in the morning! We cycled for 8 hours! I have definitely felt that I have achieved something, but of course with the help of Marlene who cycled double bike with me and of course the rest who waited for me while I was at the back of the group. I felt really grateful for that!

Then the rest of the day is spent playing bridge and big 2. The psych camp was inclined to playing board games and the sec sch friends are the poker cards people. Ok in a nutshell, I have made some friends in these chalets and I enjoyed both chalets very much and would love to go for another chalet and night cycling!

Ok it is now 12.19am and I took 3 hours to write this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home