Yesterday I attended my class bbq at NTU hostel, courtesy of mingzhu who booked the bbq pit and organised this outing. Haha that was the first official class outing after exams!!!! Woo!! The turn out rate is not bad and we celebrated Candice and Jiaxin birthday. I got to eat this super delicious Bengawan Solo chocolate cake bought and brought by Shu Yi!!! Haha now that I mention the cake, I do have the impulse to fly to Bengawan Solo now to buy that cake and gobble the whole thing up. haha. I think whoever birthday is coming up next, we all know which cake to buy ah!!
Hmmm about NTU, the most prominent thing about NTU is the ulu-ness. haha. I have heard the comment about NTU being "Pulau NTU" because it is like another island off Singapore. Seriously, I have never seen a school being surrounded by so many trees before. So is it a jungle in a school, or school in a jungle? I guess there are both pros and cons for that. The benefit is that it is very healthy to be surrounded by a lot of trees because these trees supply them with freshly produced oxygen everyday to breathe, so their lungs must be very strong. haha. Maybe next year NTU open house can use the theme of "close to nature" as one of its selling point, since there are so many trees. oops. But I must admit that the air in NTU really feels very fresh. haha must put in some good words or else I will get beaten up.
OK about the con of having a jungle in a school or school located in a jungle, we cannot deny that it is a good hiding place for you-know-who, the dangerous figure who has escaped since February and has not been caught yet. I fear for the safety of NTU people because it is such huge piece of jungle and we seriously have no idea what is inside there. To illustrate my point, I shall quote Mingzhu, who lives in the hostel near the piece of jungle, said that her room mate had spotted a few wild boars from the jungle before. WILD BOARS leh!!! What's next? Unicorns? Or maybe dodo bird! Animals which we think do not exist or have extinct could be hiding right inside NTU jungle. YOU NEVER KNOW.
Ok next to food. Yesterday I ate lunch at Hall 14 canteen and tried the chicken cutlet at western stall. The first thing I noticed is the picture of the stall owner with Desmond Koh and Felicia Chin pasted proudly on the wall, so I reckoned that the food at the stall should be worth trying. Initally I feel that the chicken cutlet is quite expensive as compared to the NUS one, because the NUS chicken cutlet only costs $2.50. But then when the food is served, I finally know the reason why the cutlet costs $1.30 more. The chicken cutlet is huge!!! I think the cutlet alone covers more than half of the plate, and the rest like fries, coleslaw and baked beans are being squeezed to the top part of the plate. The chicken cutlet is rather delicious when complemented with the mayonnaise and I love the fries. haha but I would have enjoyed even more if I haven't eaten for 3 days, because the portion given is really too big for me. The satisfaction derived from the chicken cutlet decreases as I eat more and I was practically forcing myself to finish, so it would be better if the portion given is not so big. haha. Next time I go NTU, I must try the Jap food!
I totally love the NTU hostel lounge room!!!! Before the rest of the class arrived, Mingzhu, pav, cheryl, wee ling and I were chilling in the lounge room. The moment I stepped in, I just got this 'homely' feeling! haha the lounge room is really a good place to sleep too because the combination of aircon and fans blasted at full speed (I feel guilty for wasting electricity after that) really put people to sleep. The lounge room is more comfortable that the living room in my house.
And there are so many lounge room! Within a short distance from the bbq pit to Mingzhu's room, we passed by 3 lounge rooms! haha I think this is to prevent people from fighting over TV, which I find myself most likely to get involved in if I live in hostel. I think instead of naming the lounge room by number, they should name it according to the tv channel, like lounge room channel 5, lounge room channel 8 and so on and so forth, so that people who want to watch the particular channel can gather at the room. haha.
Overall it's so fun to be visiting NTU! This is because it is totally a new refreshing scenery and we can roam around the school, use the facilities anyhow we want. It's like a holiday chalet but don't have to pay for the room!!! haha. Too bad I can't stay overnight because I got angklung performance today. haha. Never mind there is always next time!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home