For the past one week
If I am given one word to describe this past one week, the word would be SHIOK! (together with the exclamation mark). After hibernating at home for the previous week, I have been going out almost everyday this week, as if to compensate for not going out for the earlier week. I had two picnics, one at the Botanic Gardens (which by the way it's a nice place to have a picnic because there are a lot of trees to provide shade but beware of the assorted number of insects there) and the other picnic at Marina Barrage (you NEED to find a shade if you picnic there or else you would become chao ta aka burnt), watched 3 nice movies (Rapunzel, Harry Potter and Confessions) and had shopped at different shopping centres in the town area. It's hard not to get into the Christmas mood once you step into the town area because the
Though I had a great time engaging in these activities, all this fun and entertainment that I had come with a price, literally, and I am feeling rather guilty about it. I am spending so much even though I am NOT earning anything. When it comes to spending during outings, I already tried my utmost best to be as thrifty and budget as possible. But you know, the season of Christmas is the season of spending, and with the 'Sales' and 'Promotion' signs plastered in almost every shopping centre, it's difficult not to at least spend a little bit in shopping. There is no such thing as window shopping lah. You are bound to spend once you enter a shopping centre, unless you are a person with high level of self control or you didn't bring any money out at all. The bad bad thing is that I have fallen in love with scrapbooking this holiday and I have been visiting this scrapbooking store called 'Made with Love' in Plaza Singapura. I really feel like buying a lot of materials from there but all the things that I want to buy are so darn expensive!!
The money in my bank account is depleting fast, like how the trees in the amazon forest are disappearing, like how the polar ice caps are melting in the Artic...I am sure you get what I mean. The money in my bank can now be classified as 'endangered' and thus it needs IMMEDIATE protection from the temptation of spending. If I still keep on using NETS, it is just a matter of time that the money will become EXTINCT. (OMG!!) However, the good thing is that money can be reproduced so that the money species will continue to exist, but the bad thing is that it takes time to reproduce. Sometimes I really wish for a tree that could grow money and so whenever my money supply is running low, I could just go to the tree, pluck the money and spend it freely. However, since young, we have been told of the moral story of 'reaping without sowing' and how those people are so dependent on their money-growing tree or money-reproducing well that when their source of money is gone, they end up in a poor state. I also think that if things are provided freely, I tend to take them for granted and I may end up not treasuring it. So after considering it carefully, I reject the idea of having a money-growing tree. It's better to work hard for something and then you will learn to appreciate the value of it. (Wahhh such a rare righteous statement coming from me!! It may snow in Singapore this Christmas! hahaha)
Anyway Christmas is getting closer! 13 more days to Christmas!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home