You evil woman

Friday, January 06, 2012

Buhbye 2011

2011 has not been exactly smooth sailing for me, but I dare to say it is certainly the most thought-provoking and eventful year out of my entire life!

Graduation from school is a major life-changing event. I was once afraid to think about life after graduation, as I have been in the education system for almost 15 years ever since the day I stepped into my Primary school. For all my life, I see myself as a student, mugging for the sake of conquering exams and proceeding to the next stage of academic path.

I have been following the academic path which is thought to be the best for me: Going to JC after O levels, and going to Uni after A levels, and it has never crossed my mind to deviate from this path. Maybe because I did not have any concrete plans for my own future, so I was just going after the route that most people go. However when I was nearing my last semester of studies, I felt kind of lost, because it hit me that there will no longer be 'a correct path' for me to follow after my graduation from school! I realise that there are plenty of options out there and decisions for me to make as to how I am going to lead my life from here onwards. A lot of questions crossed my mind. What kind of job should I do? Which company should I work for? At what age should I get married? When will I get a house and family of my own? (Housing prices right now are crazy!). Thinking and worrying about the future really drive me insane and all these questions are weighing me down.

(TAKE VERY DEEP BREATHS IN AND SLOWWLLYYY BREATHE OUT)

Please do not get too depressed reading my previous paragraph. One advice that I have gotten is 'Life is a learning journey. When we make mistakes, we learn from them. The challenges that we face in life are not supposed to paralyse us, but they help to discover ourselves and to become better than what we are now!' So to many of my soon-to be-graduating friends, there are endless possibilities and opportunities waiting for us! Try to be optimistic and stay as worry-free as you can! Everything will turn out to be fine!

Anyway, one awesome thing about 2011 is that I have started earning my own income! A TOTALLY LIBERATING FEELING! I CAN BUY THE THINGS THAT I WANT WITH MY OWN MONEY!! In the past, there were SO MANY things that I yearn for but could not buy because I was still taking regular pocket money from my mother. I had to use whatever she had given me and I always could not save enough to buy what I had wanted. I HAVE NEVER FELT SO FINANCIALLY EMPOWERED IN MY WHOLE LIFE!!! Anyway to do a brief report of what I had spent on with my income in 2011, I had:

1. Attended MAMA concert and caught Suju and 2NE1 live performance!!

2. Bought a decent digital camera (Canon 115HS) to stalk my idols when they are in town! Digital camera is a fangirl essential item!! How can I not have this?? No longer have to rely on my low quality camera phone!

3. Buying 8 days every week to satisfy my inner paparazzi! haha. I love reading 8 days! They deserved to win 'Entertaining magazine of the year award'!

So 2012!! PLEASE DO NOT LET THE WORLD END IN YOUR YEAR!! There are so many things that I want to buy, so many concerts that I want to attend! THERE BETTER BE 2013 I TELL YOU!!! I AM WATCHING YOU HOR!!!

Anyway I guess this is all what I had wanted to say for year 2011! It's funny that my first post of 2012 is about 2011. Please look forward to my first real 2012 post about 2012! haha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home