Results of General Election!
The results are out, and they certainly do not come as surprising news. Anyway, I think we have already seen (and gotten used to) this kind of results for the the past general elections, i.e PAP winning majority of the seats in Parliament. However, a question that I want to ask is ' Why are Singaporeans always complaning and criticising PAP policies, and even said they wanted a 'CHANGE', but at the end of the day, they still vote back the same government to lead them?' Hmmm....this is really easier said than done. Anyway, since that PAP has already been chosen, I hope that they would stick to their promise of NOT RAISING THE GST TO 10%, or else I would *#*&$#!@#**@ (haha kidding lah, I wouldn't do anything harsh. Ya another example of easier said than done.)
The highlight of the entire GE results, which I think is what most people are concerned about even though they are not voters of the Aljunied GRC, is how the results for the Aljunied GRC will turn out to be. The thing that I do not understand is why would Mr George Yeo lose his minister position when his team has lost to WP in the Aljunied GRC. Does that mean Mr George Yeo would no longer be the Foreign Minister for Singapore? Aiyoh I don't understand! If Mr George Yeo is really gone from Singapore politics, I think it is a loss for Singapore! It's like losing your winning lottery ticket!
In conclusion, I think that this year General Election took place in a whirlwind. It has been less than 3 weeks since the announcement for General Election, followed by active campaigning and 9 days of exciting rally, then the cooling off day (which by the way is NOT COOLING AT ALL because the weather is DAMN HOT!!), the polling day followed by the announcement of the results. Because of exam preparation, I didn't attend any rally (which I regret now) and felt that I didn't follow the news closely enough. I guess I would have to wait for another 5 years for all that to happen again!

2 Comments:
Totally agree!!! Cooling off day was super duper hot! And so was polling day, I almost didn't want to leave my house to vote!
Haha mb those complainers are more vocal, doesn't mean there's more of them! Anw, I have to admit that they did a good job in the past so I decided to give them another chance. If things doesn't change or gets worse in the next 5 years, we'll get another chance to protest again!
Anw, to answer ur qn abt George Yeo, you can only be a minister if you are in parliament. Since he was not voted in this time, they have to choose a new foreign minister from the 87 ppl in parliament. So technically, I guess you can consider him jobless now since his full time job was being a minister.
I said I'll try to be more interested in politics but then I can feel my interest waning! I no longer read any news about Singapore politics now that GE is over! I don't read much newspapers in the first place!
ohhh ok thanks for explaning about the part on Mr George Yeo! It's quite saddening to know that he no longer has a say in Singapore's parliament! My mother said that he is a good minister!
Now that elections is over, I also find myself reading less about politics and back to all the gossip news on newspaper! haha
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home