wheeee
Wah it has been 5 solid months since I have been away from blogging! So many things have happened during this period of time. I don't know what has gotten into me, but I feel the sudden burst of energy to blog today. Perhaps deep down inside me, I knew that I have neglected this blog for too long, and it's time for me to inject some life to it by making a new post! (or perhaps I am already bored with facebook and so I am back to blogging haha)
Let me do recap of events that happened during this 5 months which I wished I have blogged about but was too lazy to do so. haha. In chronological order ok!
Firstly, I went for my first independent overseas trip with mao, pav and teng! The trip took place from 25th-26th June. It was with much persuasion that my mother finally relented and let me go, because she was worried about 4 girls travelling to Malaysia without the accompany of any adults. But then, I reminded her that we are all already adults. haha. Even though it was only a 2D1N trip to Malacca, I certainly had a lot of fun roaming around the streets of Malacca! We tasted great food (the yummy chendol, funny egg shaped ice cream,the long-time-no-see A&W and chicken rice ball), pretended to be a boyband and took 'publicity' photos at the different places of interest and also not to forget, we had a crazy time shopping over there! I think I was shopping as if I was never allowed to shop before. The night market at Malacca was crowded and vibrant and there were many things that I have not seen in Singapore before! I am glad that we came back safe and sound and we did not meet any pickpockets or thieves that my mother was telling me to caution. I think it has been quite some time since I last travelled out of Singapore, so it was an enjoyable and refreshing breath of air for me at Malacca!
Next, it was my convocation on 9th July! This ceremony was supposed to mark the end of our university education journey, however the ceremony was named 'commencement' because it was explained that that is not the end, but it is actually the beginning of everything. That sounded kind of scary. haha. Anyway the JC peeps made a surprise visit at UCC, and I felt so touched that I couldn't control my tears because I didn't expect anyone to be there. The bouquet of flowers and the graduation card was really nice! They also gave me capitaland mall vouchers for me to get some working clothes. Really sweet of them! (ehh but I have to admit I didn't make good use of it because I spent $10 of the vouchers to buy SHINee concert DVD hahaha)
From Kindergarten all the way to now, it has been almost 17 years of education. I remember mugging at Jurong East lib for all the important exams, and its like my hangout place during the weekends. Whenever I visit Jurong East lib nowadays, memories of me mugging there are still fresh in my mind. I must say this journey is definitely not smooth sailing, for I have experienced failures, and even faced the danger of being retained in JC because my JC results were rather atrocious. I don't even have the face to say how my results were. Luckily, my A levels results scraped through and I managed to get a place in U. I really grateful for where I am today. I think I would not have done it without the support and motivation from friends. If without for them, I think my education journey would have been even more tougher! So thank you to all my wonderful friends!
It was on 13th July that I started my first job after graduation. It was just a temp job recommended by job agency and I am paid on hourly basis. I thought that this would be better than staying at home and earning nothing. My plans were to look for perm job while doing this temp job. However, plans do not always go as what you wanted. Ever since I have started on this temp job, the number of perm jobs that I apply get lesser and lesser, because I get so tired at the end of the day and when I reached home, I just felt like lying down at the couch to watch tv. Actually I find that the work I am doing is quite meaningful, but it is mentally draining because I am listening to people's grievances and they are sort of counting on you to help them. I was very apprehensive when I had my first case because I thought I wouldn't be able to handle them. But then after 3 months of practice, I think I am slowly getting to it. It is only less than 2 months before my contract ends, so I think I really have to buck up and apply for more perm jobs soon!
So dear friends, as almost all of you are into your final year of studies, I wish all of you the very best in your projects and hope you can get the results that you all want! If you all want to meet up and grumble about school or other things, I would mostly be available because I think I have been sort of trained to listen to complaints hahaha. ok gonna end here thanks and bye!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home