You evil woman

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hello people! I am back to blogging again! Sorry I haven't been blogging for the past few days because as you know, there is only one computer now which I have to share with my brother, so whatever computer time that I have is used for watching dramas and youtube videos. They are not at home for the whole of today, so I can spend some time blogging!

Firstly, I want to say that I shouldn't call myself an avid Kpop fan, since I didn't make my way down to the Sundown Festival Seoul'd out 09. Of course I yearn to go, provided if it is a free event lah! If I have to pay minimum $85 to watch a concert, the guest performers must consist of DBSK, Super Junior, SHINee, SS501 AND Big Bang haha. This kind of concert would only happen in my dream. In reality, this kind of concert consisting of all of the above A list Korean boybands would cost at least $500. Another reason that I didn't go is that there will be huge crowds of people, especially screaming fans. I think I will become one of those when FT Island comes out, but the thought of squeezing with people will turn me off.

Hmm when I come out to work and have earning power, maybe I will be more willing to pay to watch concerts like this. Now it is just beyond my ability to watch concerts because I am still a poor student, and have to consider things like the school bill for next semester as well as paying for books and notes, so I have to think carefully about every cent I spend. However, I find myself not thinking much when it comes to spending on food. Haha like on last Thursday, I just spent $7.20 on a Mos burger set meal. But now when I come to think of it, it is rather expensive for a fast food meal to cost $7.20. I also need to buy stuff like shoes, clothes and bags for the brand new year but I am just poor! Need to make do with what I have.

Sorry if reading the above two paragraphs dampen your holiday mood. I always like to complain. And now it is the holidays, there are more things for me to complain about because I have more free time to think about what to complain.

Let me talk about the dream that I had last night! It was a funny and scary dream. I dreamt that I was taking up a part time job as a tuition teacher teaching a group of students. It was my first day teaching and I wanted to break the ice between the students and me, so I showed them a youtube clip of a korean variety show which I thought was super funny. I got more and more nervous as the video progressed because the students did not seem interested at all.

And true enough, when it came to the funny part of the clip, nobody in the class showed any laughter. They didn't even bother to lift up the corners of their mouths. I can see 'SIAN!' written on the students' faces and there are even some students walking up from the table to leave the class. To salvage the situation, I quickly stopped the video and said 'Class, urm seeing that some of your classmates are going to the toilet, let's have a 5 minutes break now.' Seriously, I should call this a nightmare instead of just 'dream'. I don't remember teaching the class anything after the 5 minutes break. All I remembered is that I kept looking at the clock, hoping that the class would end soon. The class is supposed to end at 4pm, but by 3.30pm, the students told me to let them go home. I couldn't think of anything to argue back so I let them go.

When I woke up from the dream, the thought that crossed my mind was 'I am so weak! I was supposed to be a teacher but instead I let the students bully me!' I wonder what this dream signifies. I always think that dreams will reflect some part of the reality of our lives. Here are some possibilities that I thought of:

1. It shows that I need a part time job to support myself and being a tuition teacher can be a good choice because I like to teach, the pay is quite good and at the same time it offers a chance for me to practise and speak up in front of a group.

2. It also shows that I have been watching too many Korean variety shows this holiday that I even dream of them at night. This goes along with the chinese saying ' 日有所思, 夜有所梦'. It roughly means that if you think about something too much in the day, you will dream of it at night.

3. About the bullying part, maybe it shows that I get bullied easily? Or can also say that students nowadays are getting more disrespectful of their teachers? haha

Christmas in 12 days time!!!! We can all start singing the Christmas song '12 days of Christmas', starting from today, one line each day. haha. Can I reveal something? I haven't bought christmas cards yet!!! And I need to write on them too!!! Time seems to be running out if I want to send out the cards before Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home