WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE 20 YEARS OLD!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEE!!!!!
(Wait. Does that even sound like a 20 year old haha)
I would like to take this occasion to thank the people who has made an impact (both positive and negative) in my life:
First and foremost, I would like to thank my most beloved mother, who has always been there, caring, cooking, cleaning, washing and ironing for me. I respect my mother a lot because to me, she is a tough woman who stands still and supports the family in times of turbulence. Although she can be rather naggy sometimes, I still take it as her form of concern towards me. AND she is the one who gives me my weekly pocket money HAHA
Secondly, I would like to thank my brothers for setting bad examples, which serve as a constant reminder for me NOT TO follow their footsteps. I learn from them that only we ourselves are responsible for our own lives, and we cannot always depend on others. Yes thank them for that.
Thirdly, I would like to thank my friends for their constant support and encouragement. I really feel very blessed having a circle of close friends whom I can grumble to and seek solace from in times of stress and troubles. I have also learnt a lot from you guys and really enjoyed the accompany of everyone. May our friendship last!
Okk finally. The age of 20 has finally dawned upon me. But seriously I don't feel 20 AT ALL, because I have always lived with a teenage mind, OR in other words, I haven't grown up to be mature. haha. Firstly, I don't look like a 20 year old. (It's my height!!!!!) Secondly, I don't behave like a 20 year old. And thirdly, I don't think like a 20 year old. The famous quote from the Spiderman movie "with great power comes with great responsibility" can be tweaked to become "with older age comes with great responsibility". Every year on this occasion, I actually do feel the pressure to grow up and to stop behaving so kiddishly. But I find it hard to change my ways because I have ALWAYS been like that all my life. (AND I ENJOY BEING LIKE THIS HAHA)
I think the reason why I haven't been forced to grow up is because I have a mother whom I depend on very strongly. It's like a double edged sword, you know. Of course I am very grateful to have mother who takes care of me so that I can focus on other work, but because of this, I have grown to become dependent on my mother. Anyway, I really appreciate what my mother has done for me and the family (though not everyone in the family understand how tough it is for her)
Okkkk it's getting late! Happy Birthday to me!!!! LZL please try to stay healthy and happy!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home