You evil woman

Monday, January 11, 2010

The first post of 2010!

Haha talk about procrastinating! My first post of 2010 should be on the 1st January 2010, NOT 11 days after!! Hmm I should make one of my 2010 resolutions to be"Stop procrastinating!", but this has already been my resolution for many years. One of my resolutions that has still remained a resolution, is to be punctual for future gatherings/outings, because time is precious and it shouldn't be wasted on waiting! Haha I know it's hard to believe that those words actually came out from the person who is always late and make people wait. I am seriously sorry about that! Frankly speaking, I hate to wait so I shouldn't make people wait for me too.

I always didn't manage to fulfill my resolutions, so I bring over the previous year's resolution to the new year, and the 'bringing over' keeps taking place each year. It's depressing to see the same list of resolutions year after year, with no improvement from me or whatsoever. ARHHH ok I shall not go into the emo stuff! For this year, I shall not bother about making resolutions, because I very well know that I don't follow them! Instead I shall make a change! (Yesssss change! Obama!) Instead of resolutions, I will post mottos that will serve as a constant reminder (like my mother's naggy voice) to myself and hopefully, these will help me achieve my resolutions, or make me live happier and become a better person!

These are the mottos that I thought of:
1. Do not leave things till the last minute!! Finish them when you can!
(Please remember how panicky you will feel whenever the deadline is nearing and you haven't completed what you ought to do!)
"How soon, not now, will become never."

2. Turn life's lemons into lemonade, and then sell them for profit!
Haha this is to say that we can turn each crisis in life into opportunites! It is through each crisis that we are able to mature and grow as an individual and this is beneficial for us in the long term! So not every crisis is bad after all. Think of the rainbow after the rain!
"In a time of crisis, we all have potential to morph to a new level and do things we never thought possible."

3. With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts!
Yess! Breathe in the fresh air in the morning of the brand new day! Leave behind all the unhappiness that you had on the previous day and start the day anew! If the problem you are facing is still unsolved, leave it aside first! Don't keep dwelling on it! Take a break and then goes back to the problem and you may have a new insight to it!
"You can't have a better tomorrow if you keep thinking about yesterday."

4. FOCUS!
Focus at appropriate times!
"When you focus on problems, you will have more problems. When you focus on possibilities, you will have more opportunities.

5. Self control!
This motto will come in useful during the exam period!

6. Learn from mistakes and avoid making them again!
Yess I think this is very important to me, because I am the slow learner type and I always don't get it right at the first time.

7. Appreciate what I have!
"May we never let the things we don't have, spoil our enjoyment of the things we do have."

Hmm that's all the mottos I have for now. I hope these mottos will take me through well this year! And many years!

OK let me blog about the first day of school! It's supposed to be the first day of school, but I have no lecture today! haha. Tomorrow as well! So my first day of school starts officially on Wednesday! I am excited about the computing module I am taking this sem, but at the same time I feel fearful because I don't know what to expect! I am totally a noob in the computing world. Whenever some problem crops up in the computer, I have no idea what to do! So by taking this module, I hope I can learn something about computing!

Ok people!!! All the best for the new school semester!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home