You evil woman

Monday, August 10, 2009

I had a shiok National Day weekend holiday! I have been going out everyday since Friday until Today. I have never gone out for 4 straight days in a row. haha. Actually I planned to hibernate at home during the National Day holiday because I wanted to finish watching the dramas, the variety shows and the magazines I have borrowed before the school term starts. It is not that I am not able to do all these when school reopens; it is just that I will gain a peace of mind if I complete these tasks and mark them off from my to-do list. Because I have been going out for these past few days, I was not able to finish all these but I had no regrets because I had fun going out!

Let me start off with Friday 07/08/09:

I celebrated my neighbour's birthday on Friday. Her birthday falls on 5th August, but I was working on that day and so I didn't celebrate with her. I promised her I would treat her to Swensen's and so we thought that Friday would be a good day because I wasn't working and she only had to attend school for half a day for the National Day celebration (Oh I miss those days singing National Day theme songs during school celebration!).

We headed to Swensen at Bukit Panjang Plaza. There weren't a lot of people at that time and we were lucky enough to be led to those comfy cushions seats all the way at the back! haha I love these kind of seats because we can talk and chat without the interruption from people walking back and forth. Because of the Swensen's 1 for 1 promotion (it is a good marketing tactic to make us order more food), we ended up ordering 4 ala carte and 1 ice cream. Here's what we ate:



Chicken baked rice. The rice is fragrant! (Reminds me of Jay chou's song dao xiang)




Fried mushroom. My fav!




Some chicken strips thing. It is not that I have poor memory but the name of this item is forgettable.




Some veggie mix thing whose name I forgot. ok maybe I do have poor memory. This is another of my fav! It consists of cabbage, carrot, onions and some other things.




The ice cream! How can we not order ice cream at swensen's? This ice cream belongs to a new category called local flavours and this ice cream is called milo indulgence (if I remember correctly). The milo flavoured ice cream is topped with delicious chocolate fudge and don't know how many spoonfuls of milo powder. SHIOK!




Even though our stomachs are growling with hunger, we put up with it and swallowed our saliva and waited for all our food to arrive so that we can take this picture of a tableful of food. haha.




Bird eye view of the tableful of food. haha. SINFUL!


Next to : Saturday 08/08/09- Sunday 09/08/09
My mother told me in the morning that there is a family dinner at night. My cousin came back to Singapore from US and she is treating us dinner. I was like "Woohoo! Food again! And I don't have to pay a cent this time!" After hearing this, my mood just brightened up. I ate my breakfast, thinking that I have the whole of morning and afternoon before I head for the dinner in the evening, and perhaps I can finish watching the Jap drama. Just as I was about to switch on the tv, THE SMS came.
"Hey Zi Ling Can you work today? We are shorthanded today"
*Dark clouds gathered all of a sudden,the lightning strikes and thunder roars. Heavy rain pours, ruining my beautiful Saturday morning.*
Thursday was supposedly to be my last day of work. I thought I had ORD, but I was called back for reservist just 2 days apart. HAHA. Since it is the weekend and I thought it could really get busy for those working there, I agreed to working. So I spent my morning and afternoon working there and left at around 5pm for my dinner.

Let me summarise by saying this has got to be the largest family dinner ever since Chinese New Year Reunion dinner. We got to eat crab, duck, abalone. Thinking back on that night makes me salivate again.



I had my first taste of beer that night! It is super bitter! I poured a little bit of Heineken into my cup and drank from the straw. My cousins laughed at me.


Because the dinner ended quite late, I went to stay over at my 2nd cousin house which is nearby. My cousin's daughter, who is 12 this year, is fanatical over lady gaga. She bought her CD, showed me newspaper clippings of her, she joined her fan club on facebook, she named her restaurant at restaurant city on facebook "Gagalicious". Her world is basically revolves around lady gaga. She knows EVERY WORD of all the songs in the CD. If there is lady gaga version of Don't forget the lyrics, I think she can win it all. She even thought lady gaga is beautiful. I was like "YAAAA RIGHTTTT". When I said that, she sensed the sarcasm and her eyes shot back at me like I offended her godness. Haha it was a fun stay overall because I learnt a lot about lady gaga from her.

To: Monday 10/08/09

I was asked out last minute by my neighbour. Their family was going to Botanic Gardens and they asked me along. I wasn't really interested at first because I don't want to spend my last day of holiday admiring plants and flowers and grass. But because my neighbour's mother saw that I got along well with her daughter, she asked me along becuse she wanted her daughter to go so that she won't be always hiding in her room playing audition all the time. My neighbour told me that they would be going with the rest of the family and they even booked a mini bus to bring everyone there. WOW.

There is this very big lake at Botanic Gardens and it is called Swan Lake. However, there are only a four pathetic swans in this whole lake. It's like a family of four living in a three storey terrace house. Waste of space! OK lah, the lake is also occupied by turtles and fishes and all other things, but since it is called swan lake, shouldn't there be more swans to make the lake lives up to its name of being a swan lake? Haha anyway I managed to take a few close ups of the swan!











The swans like to swim at the side, so you can imagine how empty the lake is in the middle haha.


There is a library at Botanic Gardens that store books on plants and flowers. I think it is just a hideout for those who are feeling hot from walking in the weather and just step in to have a blow at the air con (I am one of those people) haha. There is sign-in book at the entrance and this is a picture of it:





I must say that botanic gardens is a good place for picnic!!!! Don't have to go Marina Barrage! So far away! haha. There is a huge grassy area for picnic and also for ball games. Time passes really fast and we went back around 3pm.

AHhh so fun! I spent like 2 hours typing this. GOT to sleep now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home