I am posting this in broad daylight because I am afraid that if I write this at night, they maybe could sense that I am writing about them and would appear right before my eyes. I reckon that it would be less scary to see them in the day than at night. Hahaha. As you know, it is the Hungry Ghost Festival month, aka the time of the year when the 'good buddies' come out to play. Recalling back, I think this is my first time posting on Hungry Ghost Festival.
I didn't realise that it is already the start of Hungry Ghost Festival until I saw people burning incense and creating a smoky atmosphere at the void deck. Normally, my mother would tell me beforehand, "They are coming out already ah" at the start of the Hungry Ghost Festival, but I wasn't informed this year. I realise that it is during this month that my brothers would not stay out too late (because the good buddies are well known for coming out at night) and it is also during this time that I walk very carefully, in case I step on something that I shouldn't have. If I have accidentally step on anything, I think the Super Junior's song would come to good use. (Sorry sorry sorry sorry). If we see any moths staying still on the wall or any unique beetle or insect on the floor, we would immediately deduce that they are our dead ancestors paying us a visit, so normally we don't disturb them and let them stay there (and watch us).
As if I am not timid enough, I think my timid level reached a new high during this time of the year. I don't know why, but I am always scaring myself. For example, whenever I look at reflective surfaces, I would tend to look behind me first rather than look at myself. It's just a part of me wanting to check if there are any 'person' following behind me. I also tend to steal a glance at places that I normally wouldn't care less, like under the bed or behind the door. I don't know how I would react if I really do happen to see 'them' hiding at these places. I don't wish to see them, but I can't help but to double check these places! I always tell myeslf, "It's ALL IN THE MIND. Stop thinking about their presence!"
People always say that only guilt striken people should be afraid of ghosts. How come I am scared of them!!! I have always been a good girl!!! I think the phrase "ignorance is bliss" would really make sense here. If I don't know such things as ghosts, I wouldn't have to be scared of them. Maybe this explains why my mother's friend always disallow her young son to watch horror movies. But I feel that no matter how much you protect them, there would definitely be a day that her son would be exposed to such matter, from friends or media.
Another aspect of the Hungry Ghost Festival is the Getai! I am ashamed to say that for my entire life until now, I have never watched a getai performance. I may have walked past it or seen it while travelling on a bus, but I have not stood there for the whole night to watch it. I think I would go take a look and get exposed to the getai culture, if there is a chance!
I saw this super super funny handphone trailer of Jack Neo's new movie 'Where got ghost'. Watchh! If you don't want to wake up the dead, please use silent mode for your handphone. HAHAHA
Okkkk, hope that everyone will be safe and sound during this month!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home