I attended 3 lectures and there is a similarity in all of the 3 lecturers who taught today. All of them speak with a bullet train accent and I wish there were subtitles. OK lah it wasn't THAT bad, but for all 3 lectures, I found myself trying to catch what the lecturers were saying instead of what they were teaching. My brain has to perform both the tasks of processing the accent and the whole load of information taught. And I must really salute to the 3rd lecturer who taught today, because she is able to speak continuously without having to stop to catch her breath. Listening to her can be compared to reading a huge chunk of paragraph of words without any commas in between each sentence, and only a full stop at the end of the paragraph. As a result, I found myself not paying full attention to all 3 lectures because I was too tired to focus, especially at the 3rd lecture today.
However, instead of requesting them to change the way they speak, I guess I have to change the way I listen. Judging from the way they speak, I think they are all very knowledgeable lecturers who want to impart as much information as possible to us (maybe that's the reason why they speak very fast! They want to share a lot of things with us, but lecture is only 2 hours each week), and it would really be a huge pity that I miss out on their valuable experience and knowledge simply because I couldn't catch up with what they were saying. I have come out with a solution for this, and I think what I can do now is to record their lecture and then playback when I reach home. I hope I can be diligent enough to record their lecture weekly and then listen to them!
Anyway, school has ended for me this week! Haha it is a 2 day week for me before tutorial starts. I admit that this is quite shiok, but it's exhausting because my lectures are all packed back to back in the 2 days! But I know that I am in no position to say that my timetable is packed, especially in front of engin students, because their timetable contains the real meaning of 'packed'. They can have lessons without any break from like 9am-4pm. This is madness!! My poor tiny brain will definitely not be able to take it. Today I only attended 5 hours of lectures and I could already hear my brain complaining. It's too much information! Spare me of all that information! I cannot accommodate anymore information! haha. But luckily, there is no lesson tomorrow so I can have ample rest.
The first week of school is almost gone! I have gotten all of my books that I needed, and they total up to $132. Expensive, but I am happy that I have gotten the 5 books at this price. If I have bought it first hand at the bookstore, it's going to cost more than $200.
Ah Ling! Since you have gotten the books, what are you waiting for ah? Wait for the books to turn yellow? Get down to studying! Do not procrastinate!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home